Don’t fight the flu come and see the PrimeMed Flu Fighters!
Patients often ask us how they can prevent getting the flu. There a 3 very easy steps to take:
- Step #1 Take the time to get a flu vaccine
- Step #2 Make every day preventative actions to stop the spread of germs. This includes washing your hands often, covering your nose and mouth with a tissue when you sneeze, and avoiding close contact with sick people.
- Step #3 If you have signs or symptoms of the flu, it is important to see your doctor as soon as possible. This is because he or she can prescribe an antiviral medication that can make flu symptoms milder and shorter in duration, but it must be started within the first 2 days of illness.
Flu Signs and Symptoms
Influenza (also known as flu) is a contagious respiratory illness caused by flu viruses. It can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death. Flu is different from a cold. Flu usually comes on suddenly. People who are sick with flu often feel some or all of these symptoms:
- Fever* or feeling feverish/chills
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Muscle or body aches
- Fatigue (tiredness)
- Some people may have vomiting and diarrhea, though this is more common in children than adults.
Flu vs Cold
|Signs and Symptoms||Influenza||Cold|
|Fever||Usual; lasts 3-4 days||Rare|
|Aches||Usual; often severe||Slight|
|Chest discomfort, cough||Common; can be severe||Mild to moderate; hacking cough|
Remember we are always here to help you fight the flu! We will match any of our competitors pricing!
- Ages 6 months – 5 years old – 20.00 per patient
- Ages 5 years – 64 years – 20.00 per patient
- Ages 65 and Older – 50.00 per patient (Some Insurances accepted for 65 and Older Only)